Location: Southampton, New York, USA
Experience: Senior level
Happiness Foundation is seeking a Recruitment Director to lead and manage the Foundation’s engagement with Volunteer Consultants. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving the lives of others through charitable endeavors. The candidate must excel in the area of human resource management. Knowledge of executive search and/or the non-profit sector a plus. Specific goals and objectives will be set in conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Directors of Happiness Foundation.
Manage all aspects of engagement with Volunteer Consultants, including recruitment, development, and evaluation:
- Work with Engagement Director to identify volunteer positions for each project and write job descriptions.
- Market Foundation in appropriate places online and offline to attract applicants.
- Actively search for and identify candidates for specific volunteer positions.
- Process volunteer inquiries and formal applications/résumés and respond to all applicants.
- Work closely with the Engagement Director and Charitable Projects to interview and place appropriate Volunteer Consultants with Charitable Projects.
- Formalize Engagement Agreement with Volunteer Consultant and obtain approval from Charitable Project and Engagement Director.
- Collaborate with Engagement Director to initiate and participate in project kick-off meetings between Charitable Projects and Volunteer Consultants.
- Develop recruiting-related promotional materials, including the maintenance/update of the recruiting page of the Foundation’s website.
- Maintain comprehensive records of the process used and learnings gained through each Volunteer Consultant/Charitable Project partnership for future use.
- Track volunteer time and maintain value rate system for annual report.
- Assist in project-oriented tasks where needed.
- Develop a framework and process for continuous Volunteer Alumni outreach
College education or equivalent. Five or more years' experience in HR/recruitment. Requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility with diverse personalities. Strong existing professional network a plus. Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. Must be well versed in Microsoft Office and database management tools. Fluency in the English language is essential. Knowledge of one or more foreign languages a plus. Ability to set priorities and work under pressure.
About Happiness Foundation
Happiness Foundation is an alternative to traditional philanthropy, providing pro bono consulting services rather than money and manpower to nonprofits. Through the Foundation, business professionals and experts donate their time and knowledge to help nonprofits increase their impact. Acting as a matchmaker and project coordinator, Happiness Foundation makes this new form of giving possible.
For more information
Founder & President