Location: Southampton, New York, USA
Experience: Senior level
Happiness Foundation is seeking an Executive Director to lead and manage the Foundation and its engagement with non-profit organizations, involvement of Volunteer Consultants, and relations with donors, partners, and media. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving the lives of others through charitable endeavors. The candidate must excel in the area of management. Knowledge of project management and/or the non-profit sector a plus. Specific goals and objectives will be set in conjunction with the Board of Directors of Happiness Foundation.
Manage all aspects of the day-to-day management of the Foundation, including project and volunteer identification, engagement, and evaluation:
- Work with the Board of Directors to optimize project selection criteria, categories, and engagement process.
- Manage media relations and PR to attract donations and volunteer/project applications.
- Collaborate with Engagement Director to short-list projects and present candidates to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Approve Engagement Agreements with Volunteer Consultants and Non-Profit Projects.
- Work closely with the Recruitment Director and Non-Profit Projects to interview and place appropriate Volunteer Consultants with Non-Profit Projects.
- Collaborate with Recruitment Director to initiate and participate in project kick-off meetings between Non-Profit Projects and Volunteer Consultants.
- Maintain comprehensive records of the process used and learnings gained through each Volunteer Consultant and Non-Profit Project partnership for future use.
- Assist in special projects established by the Board of Directors where needed including The Handbook.
- Be available for keynote speeches and facilitate speaking opportunities for members of the Board.
- Manage relationships with previous and current Guardians, Corporate Sponsors, Project Partners, and Suppliers.
- Develop a concept and structure for an Alumni Association.
- Responsible for yearly budget maintenance and reconciliation
- Find guardians for yearly donations and solicit companies for in-kind donations to allow foundation to operate on lean budget
- Manage day to day office administration
- Attendance of and participation in Board Meetings.
College education or equivalent. Five or more years' experience in project management and/or management consulting. Requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility with diverse personalities. Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. Must be well versed in Microsoft Office and project management tools. Fluency in the English language is essential. Knowledge of one or more foreign languages a plus. Ability to set priorities and work under pressure.
About Happiness Foundation
Happiness Foundation is an alternative to traditional philanthropy, providing pro bono consulting services rather than money and manpower to nonprofits. Through the Foundation, business professionals and experts donate their time and knowledge to help nonprofits increase their impact. Acting as a matchmaker and project coordinator, Happiness Foundation makes this new form of giving possible.
For more information
Founder & President